Saturday, January 23, 2010

TRANSPORTED TO ANOTHER WORLD

Today I experienced a masterpiece in movie making. I watched AVATAR IN 3D. It was imaginative genius with some hardcore messages thrown in. This is one of those movies that will stay with me for a long time. My senses are still trying to process it. I will probably drive my friends and family dilly raving about it so much. It deeply affected me.

The theme of man bulldozing his way through fragile environments that usually support life forms other than himself is one that has been tossed around by Hollywood many a time, but there was something about this experience that accesssed the emotions immediately. It clung to them refusing to let up. I had to remember to breath. My eyes were wide the entire 2hrs and 41 min allowing my 3D spectacles to take advantage and suck in the experience to its fullest. It made me feel so angry and sad and hopeful all at the same time. What have we done? What are we still doing?! To our precious planet that gives us life? To ourselves and fellow beings? All life deserves respect and allowance no matter what shape or form it takes. I am so sick and tired of man declaring himself king and ruler. He sucks at it! This movie dug into those feelings and twisted them around.

I found myself infatuated with the aliens in this movie. I am not a fan of alien movies although the thought of them existing out there does intrigue me. I am also not a fan of warfare and the war scenes made my heart ache with pain, probably because I forgot to breath most of the time! I was inhaling my popcorn too. I wonder what it would be like to dream walk in another's existence especially the one created in this movie. It was simply stunning. In fact words fail. To think that their world was conjured up by a human brain..or was it channelled through a human brain by some higher spiritual power to send us urgent messages? Maybe that brain was abducted by aliens who, like us, stumbled upon ever evolving technologies that they think would assist us to save our world. Let's face it our world seems drab, robotic, and so backward sometimes. In the movie man's labs and his machines were barbaric and cold. The alien world created in this movie oozed colour and freedom and purity and respect.

Humans are emotional idiots when it counts most. Will we ever get the message or will we just go on destroying and discounting every being around us? Sometimes it is painful to share this planet with other morons who are so lost spiritually and emotionally. I guess that's why I enjoy movies so much..I get to escape reality for a few hours and experience another reality. They suck me in. This one certainly did!

Well, for me the messages were loud and clear:
  1. We have lost our connection to all around us and need to find our way back to living respectfully on our planet - this means empbracing what we view as airy fairy and not scientifically validated like telepathy and psychic connection
  2. Greed destroys and devalues other life - we need to simplify and go back to the basics - maybe that is what the recession was trying to teach us
  3. If we don't find solutions for our own world we will just carry on plundering other worlds - man is so good at focussing on others rather than focussing on fixing himself first

Here's to hoping we can shift to a more advanced consciousness in time - one where love and respect and purity rule..I live for that day..If I am not around when that shift happens then I pray that through my thoughts and actions I leave this world a better place than when I arrived..Let's take care of each other......Now ther'es a thought

1 comment:

  1. I agree. I had a smiliar reaction, and deliciously savoured all the subliminal narrations and messages. But you and I can see these messages because we care. I think that the message is in the eye of the interpreter. If one doesn't care about these things, one wouldn't see those things as clearly. Sad but true, don't you think?

    ReplyDelete