Friday, January 22, 2010

A START....

I created this blog because of a promise that I made to myself at the start of this new year...that promise was to "WRITE IT DOWN!". The word promise seemed better than resolution. Resolutions seem to last as long as the effects of the champagne ramblings that created them in the first place. The next morning you wake up with a foggy head and go about your life hoping that no one remembers what you were rambling about the night before.

A promise seems to me to be more of a challenge than a resolution. And I am not very good at keeping promises made to myself. But I think I have reached a turning point in my life which may urge me to keep this one. I can no longer take the constant chatter in my head creating this reality that I call my life. I was never the type to keep a diary. What if someone found it accidentally or, even worse, on purpose! I have always believed that you should keep your thoughts to yourself in case you offend but I think people that do that eventually go insane!

So here it is..my blog..my dumping site for my rambling thoughts and emotions..a safe space where I can express myself without the need to get it right all the time or to justify my beliefs. Being a perfectionist is so exhausting! So I am claiming this blog as my own personal therapy. This is all very new to me and I am not sure how I will take to it. Maybe it will help me to express myself. Maybe not. Let's see how this personal challenge turns out....

1 comment:

  1. well I will be following along - blogging is wonderful!
    xxx
    A

    ReplyDelete